Wednesday, July 24, 2013

5 Minute Paleo Pancakes

One hard part of the Paleo diet for me has been giving up breakfast cereal.  I've been eating it for breakfast every day my whole life!  I've had to start experimenting with finding a new, quick, easy recipe for breakfast (besides scrambled eggs) that leaves me satisfied and gives me fuel for the day.  I've found several delicious recipes involving almond flour and have been baking breakfast muffins, but some days I'm just not that prepared.  What do I always have on hand?  Eggs, bananas, and almond butter!  I saw this recipe mentioned in the comments section of a blog I was reading and decided to give it a try:



Ingredients (serves 1)

1 ripe banana
1 egg
1 tablespoon almond butter
grass fed butter or coconut oil for pan

Directions

1)  Melt butter or oil in a pan over medium heat.
2)  While butter is melting, mash and mix together other ingredients
3)  Poor half of batter into pan, flip pancake when tiny bubbles appear on top (just like any other pancake).  I found it easiest to make two pancakes, because one big pancake is too hard to flip and because I'm too lazy to wait for three pancakes to cook.  To each their own!  These cook pretty fast so keep your eye on them.
4)  Eat and share with your toddler if he says please.  :)

Don't forget the melted butter or maple syrup on top!  A little cinnamon would be tasty too.


No comments:

Post a Comment