Monday, May 7, 2012

More Complications

This past week was rough adjusting to bed rest, and I miss caring for my baby Noah so much.  To think I have been complaining these past weeks about carrying him around, and now I can't!  Another blessing I took for granted.  Thursday we went to the OB and heard baby Lee's heartbeat, which was very reassuring.  And Friday I went for an MRI on my left hip, since I have been experiencing leg pain since last fall when I was pregnant with Noah and after 4 months of physical therapy I haven't improved.  The MRI showed that I have a condition called Avascular Necrosis.  This means that at some point last fall blood supply was interrupted to my hip temporarily and caused the bone tissue there to die.  It is a rare complication of pregnancy, and the mechanism of injury isn't known for sure.  For now, this means I have to be on crutches to protect the joint.  Most likely after this baby is born I will need surgery, possibly a total hip replacement.  This has been quite a blow to me, as you can imagine, given what else I have been through this week.

Next up is an OB appointment tomorrow, an ultrasound on Thursday, and on Monday a consultation with a doctor from Maternal-Fetal Medicine who specializes in high-risk pregnancies.  Please pray for us:
1) that the clot will have shrunk on ultrasound
2) that the baby continues to be healthy and grow normally
3) that the placenta is not affected
4) that I do not have another major bleed, and that I do not develop blood clots in my leg or lungs as a result of my limited mobility
5) for our family that is under a lot of stress right now

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment